My Grown-Up(?) Christmas List

I don’t have a lot of choices with my Christmas wish list when i was a kid. Being in a large family of 9 including my 2 parentless cousins who became part of the family, we just actually wait for what my mother would give us for Christmas, according to her budget and according to what we need, and she surely knows that.

Although she would ask us what we want, it would most often end up with our needs and what she can afford, and she makes it sure that nobody’s getting an obviously larger part of the pie. If one of the siblings has priorities this year, she would make extra effort to let us understand that, and we had no qualms about it.

It was when most of us already had our own jobs when we finally get to ask and sort of give everyone their Christmas wish list – something that we really want and not just something we need (but everyone seems to be leaning towards their needs. Probably the influence of those past Christmases that we tend to think Christmas is an opportunity to finally have what we need.)

From school shoes and new uniforms, the wish list has evolved into the latest gadgets and designer bags. Now i understand why my mother would want to stick to our needs first.

Although my choices for my Christmas wish have widen now, I always feel that ‘guilt’ whenever i wish for something that I can actually live without.

But of course, I am free. I can wish whatever i want. Here are two of the things I want this Christmas. Whether someone or myself can get me one of these . . . that, i still do not know.

 Samsung-latest-phone-galaxy-s-19000

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Adroid Phone

Why i want it:

1. I can Google wherever I want (Wi-Fi considered) and i can use some applications for free. Thinking of easy access to Google’s Blogger, Picasa Web Album, YouTube, and Facebook etc, etc.

2. As I work full-time online, i can be updated with client communications and project status wherever i am, without the bulk and hassle of the laptop.

3. With its latest texting technology called ‘Swype’, where you can actually slide your fingers on the screen and write without lifting your fingers, i can actually work fast even on the go!

4. It has a 5MP autofocus camera that takes excellent photos, which is all i need when i want to travel light but take great photos.

5. It has an excellent 4 inches AMOLED touchscreen display that is one of the best in the phone industry.

6. A lot of people say it’s better than overrated Apple iPhone (i can’t stop laughing at one online user commenting that “Apple without publicity is just a fruit”). lol.

nikon_d3000_front_left

Entry-Level Nikon DSLR D3000

Why i want it:

Just to satisfy my thinking that better equipment makes better photos, and i want to do portrait and landscape photography with this thing, and it is said to be the most user-friendly entry-level DSLR for beginners.

 

I guess, we can always turn our ‘wants’ into ‘needs’ these days huh . . . and have an excuse to really get them.

 

Go ahead! Make your Christmas wish list now!

 

 

--------------------------------

4 Responses to “My Grown-Up(?) Christmas List”:

  1. I NEED (want) that camera too! It's gorgeous! Happy to be a new follower! Have a great Thursday!

  2. claire says:

    just got my first wish, a netbook, though I just found out that Netbooks with Windows 7 Starter can't change the desktop background...now am so pissed!...lol...
    I want the DSLR too...:D

  3. geeten says:

    thanks for following, Jennifer. I have a feeling we'll both get that DSLR soon!

    -----------

    that's quite amusing Claire. I did not know that desktops can't be customized in those netbooks. but i guess getting a genuine Windows 7 running in your netbook is already an advantage, so make the most out of it. cheers to our new DSLLR coming soon! :)

  4. Cathy says:

    I want also to have that kind of camera. I hope our wish will be granted. Thanks!!!